Monday, April 17, 2006

Cocoa-almond-honey rolls

I adapted these from the honey bee no bakes recipe on shmooedfood

1.5 c oat bran
generous 1/8 cup cocoa powder
1 T vanilla
generous 1/4 cup almond butter
1/3 cup honey
Maple syrup, as needed

In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients
Knead well with your hands
To help the mixture stay together add a bit of maple syrup, or a bit more
almond butter depending on how sweet you want it

Pinch off bits of the dough, roll into balls and place in a container

I snacked on these all day yesterday, but I wisely put a bunch aside as snacks for this week.

Really simple, quick and somewhat healthy treats!


UPDATE: I made these again last night but without the honey (used maple syrup instead), added cinammon, no vanilla and used more cocoa powder and I think they came out better. The taste was similar to a dark-chocolate almond truffle.

No comments: