Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Quick update



OK. So I haven't posted anything in 3 weeks. Sorry. To make amends I've put up some ridiculous photos of our awesome dog, Jordan. She does not like towels, loves the world and will only eat her food if I sprinkle some Cheerios on top (no photographic evidence of that, yet).

The past three weeks have been really hectic - I got into med school (hoorah!), am figuring out how to finish my PhD (yes!) and getting ready for Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh where I will eat ravioli instead of turkey and have pumpkin pie for breakfast (so good!). Thanksgiving is the beginning of 'ridiculous food eating month', as in short order it will be my birthday, Hanukah (jelly doughnuts! latkes! levivot!), then back to Pittsburgh for Christmas (cookies!).

I recently got some more cookbooks (not that I didn't have enough already), and have been cooking up a storm, so I'll post more later. But in the meantime, here's a link to a great recipe. I made it for Heather's clothing swap party and it was a huge hit. Instead of making it in cake form, I made it into cupcakes. Easy.

1 comment:

carolyn says said...

this comment is totally late but i just feel the need to say that one of the things i love most about pennsylvania is that it is totally 100% okay to have pie for breakfast and that is fucking genius. my grandma always gave us apple pie with ice cream for breakfast (it had fruit AND dairy after all)